Vermont Packaging and Labeling Requirements
Vermont’s cannabis labeling and packaging guidelines include the following:
- A registered dispensary shall package all marijuana dispensed in an envelope or other container used and intended for sale.
- A label shall be affixed on the packaging of all marijuana that is dispensed. The label shall identify the particular strain of marijuana and the weight of marijuana contained within the package in gram or ounce units. Marijuana strains shall reflect the properties of the plant.
- Additionally, the label shall contain a statement to the effect that the State of Vermont does not attest to the medicinal value of cannabis, a statement that this product is not for resale, and clearly identify “marijuana” is contained within the packaging.
- The dispensary shall verify the amount of all marijuana dispensed.
- Documentation shall be maintained containing at a minimum the name and registry identification number of the registered dispensary cardholders verifying the amount of marijuana and any errors identified.
For more information, please refer to the Final Proposed Rules Regulating Cannabis for Symptom Relief.