Apr 29 , 2022
With the evolving legalization of medical and recreational cannabinoid consumption and other CBD products, its popularity is reaching new heights. Anyone browsing through CBD might come across different configurations, like CBN and CBG. Don’t worry, these are not misprints. These are new cannabinoids that are gaining popularity in the market between CBD's massive rise.
While we dive into the ocean of different cannabinol, make sure some of these chemicals and products are not FDA-approved. However, CBN- cannabinol, CBD - cannabidiol, and CBG-cannabigerol, all these cannabinoids will probably gain a massive focus in the long run because of their excellent wellness benefits. Experts always suggest using these cannabinoids in limit or consult a doctor before consuming any of their supplements.
This guide will help you understand the different CBN, CBD, and CBG cannabinoids and their uses.
Cannabinoids (CBD) & Their Uses!
Cannabinoids are a group of substances or naturally occurring compounds initially found in the cannabis Sativa plant which help treat addiction and various mental illnesses, alleviate pain, control seizures, and increase appetite. THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (Cannabidiol) are the most common and renowned. The future uses of cannabinoids in the ever-growing marijuana edible packaging industry are reducing nausea from chemotherapy, killing cancer cells, and increasing radiation treatments.
An Overview of Cannabidiol (CBD)
Cannabidiol (CBD) is believed to be derived from both marijuana and hemp and is popularly known for relieving physical pain and easing movement disorders and anxiety. Available in large amounts, CBD is mainly sold as edibles, ointments, tinctures, and vaporizer oils. The experts say CBD does not cause an intoxicating high and does not produce any significant side effects.
Uses of CBD in the Various Industries!
While CBD is used in various industries, be it the health and wellness industry, food and drink industry, cosmetic and hair care industry, sports industry, or pet industry, edible packaging also benefit from CBD. Its different uses involve:
- Treating insomnia, reducing and soothing nausea, pain, and inflammation
- Nourishing the health and appearance of skin and being an ideal ingredient for cosmetic products
- It helps control sebum production, thus preventing one's hair from getting oily
- They are used in sports-related products such as protein bars, sports drinks, and topical creams for reducing pain.
- It helps in reducing gastrointestinal issues, controlling seizures in animals, and stimulating appetite
What Exactly is CBG?
CBG or Cannabigerol, often called the mother of cannabinoids, is the nonintoxicating parent module of the cannabinoid from which all the other cannabinoids are synthesized. Since CBG is hard to extract, not many marijuana edible packaging companies consider investing in this cannabinoid, although it can be more powerful when combined with CBD.
Some practical uses of CBG are as follows:
- CBG'S anti-inflammatory properties help in treating Inflammatory bowel disease
- It is considered a promising treatment for both anxiety and depression
- It reduces intraocular pressure and acts as a potential aide in the treatment of glaucoma
- The neuroprotective properties of CBG help protect the brain from neurotoxicity and improve motor deficits
- Block the receptors that contribute to the growth of cancer cells
What is CBN?
CBN Cannabinol is a mildly psychoactive, non intoxicating cannabinoid derived through a chemical conversion from CBD, lacks the psychoactive effects of THC, and is a potent antibacterial agent. It is proven effective in slowing down the symptoms of neurodegenerative conditions.
Potential Uses of CBN Include:
- Known as an effective sleep aid and could relieve conditions such as insomnia
- CBN has excellent sedative properties
- It helps in reducing muscle and joint pain conditions like fibromyalgia
- Due to its neuroprotective properties, CBN help delay the onset of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)