Apr 06 , 2017
Hawaii Packaging and Labeling Requirements
Hawaii’s cannabis labeling and packaging guidelines come from Hawaii House Bill 321:
- (a) The department shall establish standards regarding the advertising and packaging of medical marijuana products; provided that the standards, at a minimum, shall require the use of packaging that:
- (1) Is child-resistant and opaque so that the product cannot be seen from outside the packaging;
- (2) Is clearly labeled with the phrase “For medical use only”; and
- (3) Contains information about the contents and potency of the product.
- (b) Any lozenge, capsule, or pill containing medical marijuana or its principal psychoactive constituent tetrahydrocannabinol shall be packaged so that one dose, serving, or single wrapped item contains no more than ten milligrams of tetrahydrocannabinol.
For more information, please refer to House Bill 321 Relating to Medical Marijuana.