Nevada Marijuana Packaging and Labeling Guidelines
include the following:
NAC 453A.500 Packaging: Generally. (NRS 453A.370):
- Any product containing marijuana must be packaged in child-resistant packaging in accordance with 16 C.F.R. § 1700 or the standards specified in subsection 2 or 3.
- Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3, marijuana-infused products in solid or liquid form must be packaged in plastic which is 4 millimeters or more in thickness and must be heat-sealed without an easy-open tab, dimple, corner, or flap so that it is difficult for a child to open and as a tamperproof measure.
- Marijuana-infused products in liquid form may be sealed using a metal crown cork-style bottle cap.
- Any container or packaging containing usable marijuana, edible marijuana products, or marijuana-infused products must protect the contents from contamination and must not impart any toxic or deleterious substance to the usable marijuana or marijuana product.
Labeling requirements for marijuana and related products for sale to medical marijuana dispensary (NRS 453A.370):
- A cultivation facility or facility for the production of edible marijuana products or marijuana-infused products shall label all marijuana, edible marijuana products, and marijuana-infused products before it sells the marijuana or marijuana products to a medical marijuana dispensary and shall securely affix to the package a label that includes, without limitation, in legible English:
- (a) The name of the medical marijuana establishment and its medical marijuana establishment registration certificate number;
- (b) The lot number;
- (c) The date of harvest;
- (d) The date of final testing;
- (e) The date on which the product was packaged;
- (f) The cannabinoid profile and potency levels and terpenoid profile as determined by the independent testing laboratory;
- (g) If the product is perishable, the expiration date; and
- (h) The quantity of marijuana being sold.
For more information, please refer to Chapter 453A – Medical Use of Marijuana.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.